Finding the right turkey is just part of putting together the perfect Thanksgiving meal.
Selecting the right bottle of wine can be the perfect complement for any dish. But knowing what wine to pick can be difficult for many people. After consulting with several wine experts, here are six selections to consider for your holiday meal.
Those selections, with a complete description of the wine, include:
- Conundrum—A blend of chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat canelli, Viognier and Semillion. Sweet and slightly effervescent with aromas of honeysuckle, with aromas of peach and vanilla.
- Eroica—Puts forth mandarin orange and sweet lime aromas and flavor. The Washington State riesling fruit balances the acid.
- Trimbach Gewurtztraminer—This rich wine is intense and luscious with a dry and spicy finish. A wonderful Thanksgiving pairing.
- Chateau ste Michelle, Canoe Ridge Estate Chardonnay—This wine is fresh and lively with pretty apple, pear and floral overtones with a very nice finish.
- Mondavi Pinot Noir Napa—A medium-weight style, this wine displays simple delicate strawberry, plum and cherry flavors that are pure and focused.
- Stag's Leap petite Syrah—A wine with intensity, complexity, structure and elegance. It has wonderful aromas of clove, spice and concentrated black fruit, with lovely rounded tannins.
Here are five places in the Parkville-Ovelea area to assist you in your search for the perfect bottle of wine:
|Beltway Fine Wines & Spirits||8727 Loch Raven Boulevard|
|Harford Beverage Company||7732 Harford Road|
|The Liquor Pump||8535 Old Harford Road|
|Linover Liquors||7698 Belair Road|
|Toscana Italian Deli||9946 Harford Road|
Parkville-Overlea Patch editor Nick Gestido contributed to this article.