UPDATE: Grandson Extradited, Faces Charges in Grandparents' Double Homicide
Matthew Long, 31, accused of killing his Sudbrook Park grandparents with dumbbells and a knife, is being brought back to Baltimore after his alleged suicide attempt and arrest in Oklahoma.
UPDATE (11:11 a.m.) The Sudbrook Park man accused of killing his grandparents was extradited from Oklahoma yesterday and is in jail here in Baltimore County.
Matthew Long, 31, is being held without bail in the Baltimore County Detention Center, according to a statement from the Baltimore County police, Long is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the Sept. 10 deaths of his elderly grandparents, Vaughn and Marjorie Pepper.
Police found them dead in their Olmstead Road home where Long resided with them.
Police in Weatherford, OK, say he drove his grandparents' vehicle to Weatherford where he stayed in a motel.
A motel employee found him unresponsive and called police, a spokesman for the Weatherford Police Department has said.
Long had left a suicide note that said 'I'm so sorry for everything. Please forgive me,' he said.
Long was hospitalized in an Oklahoma City hospital. When he recovered, Oklahoma City Police Department homicide detectives arrested him on a Baltimore County warrant charging him with two counts of first-degree homicide, according to Capt. Dexter Nelson of the department.
He was then transferred to the custody of the Oklahoma County Sheriff, where he had been in custody until he was extradited Wednesday.
- UPDATE: 2 Found Dead in Pikesville Home
- UPDATE: Police Identify Pikesville Couple Found Dead
- UPDATE: Police Identify Grandson of Couple Found Dead Monday
- Police: Homicide Victims' Grandson Not a Suspect
- Police: Grandson Suspected in Double Homicide, Found in Oklahoma
- 'A Very Affable Couple:' Deacon's Last Visit before Tragedy
- Homicide Victims' Funeral, Burial Services Set for Friday
- PHOTOS OF THE DAY: 'Remembering Our Neighbors'
- Police in Oklahoma: Pikesville Couple's Grandson Found 'Unresponsive'
- Police: Dumbbells, Knife Used to Kill Elderly Couple
- Double-Homicide Suspect Attempts Suicide in Oklahoma
- Suspect in His Own Grandparents' Homicides Still in OK