One Injured In Garage Fire
The cause of fire at Mr. Tire in Parkville is ruled accidental.
UPDATED (8:31 p.m.)—One person was injured in a fire in a Parkville garage that has been ruled accidental.
Firfighters needed about 10 minutes to contain the blaze, according to a statement released by Lt. Paul Massarelli, a fire department spokesman.
One patient was transported to Bayview Medical Center for treatment of first- and second-degree burns, according to Massarelli.
The started when a pickup truck caught fire in work bay. The fire was contained to the vehicle. Other parts of the building sustained smoke damage, according Massarelli.
Hazmat units and the Maryland Department of the Environment used absorbent pads to soak up an oily runoff, according to Massarelli.