PHOTOS: Carney Elementary's Readers First Partnership
The area school has partnered with Wells Fargo to bring storytelling to the classroom.
Students at Carney Elementary School are getting the opportunity to hear some great stories through a partnership between the school and a national bank.
As part of the Wells Fargo Readers First program, bank employees are visiting pre-kindergarten through second-grade classrooms to read stories and engage with students through the end of February.
Check out photos from the reading program in the gallery above.
The program, which began last Wednesday, runs through Feb. 20.
"The first few classes to hear stories have been well behaved and have enjoyed hearing the stories and completing the activities," wrote Ann Boyer, a reading specialist at Carney Elementary.
Students will hear readings of books like:
- "Brave as a Mountain Lion" by Ann Herbert Scott
- "Hewitt Anderson’s Great Big Life" by Jerdine Nolen
- "Eliot Jones, Midnight Superhero" by Anne Cottringer
- "Memoirs of a Goldfish" by Devin Scillian
- "Callie Cat, Ice Skater" by Eileen Spinelli
- "Bullies Never Win" by Margery Cuyler
- "The Clock Struck One" by Trudy Harris
- "Come On, Rain!" by Karen Hesse
- "Lola Loves Stories" by Anna McQuinn
- "Me with You" by Kristy Dempsey
- "Tsunami!" by Kimiko Kajikawa
- "Miss Fox's Class Goes Green" by Eileen Spinelli
- "My Brother Charlie" by Holly Robinson Peete and Ryan Elizabeth
- "This Tree Counts!" by Alison Formento
"Carney Elementary School’s teachers and staff appreciate this opportunity to partner with others in our community. As always, we are trying improve our students’ reading skills and their love of reading," Boyer wrote in an email.
Is there something going on at your child's school? Share the news with Patch readers—email editor Nick Gestido: email@example.com