It may seem like summer has just begun, but already the folks at the Eastside Family Emergency Shelter and the Overlea-Fullerton Business Professional Association are thinking back to school.
The professional group will be collecting school supplies for the shelter through the end of August, according to an email from group president Donna Bethke.
Bethke wrote that most of the children served by the shelter are elementary school age, but that the ages of children do vary. Also noted is a particular need for backpacks and lunch boxes.
In addition to school supplies, the shelter is in immediate need of toothpaste and adult toothbrushes, the email said.
Collections are being taken at the following businesses throughout Overlea, Fullerton and Rosedale:
- Eastern Savings Bank, 7927 Belair Rd. Baltimore, MD 21236
- Fullerton Self Storage, 7989 Rossville Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21236
- White Springs Townhomes, 7935 Belridge Road, Baltimore, MD 21236
- Point Breeze Credit Union 2 Philadelphia Court Baltimore, MD 21237
- Donna Bethke 7406 Brookood Ave. Baltimore, MD 21236
Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact the Overlea Fullerton Business Professional Association or to visit their website.