1. The Weather: Today is expected to be sunny, with a high near 69 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be clear, with a low of about 50.
2. From history.com's This Day in History: "Beginning early on the morning of this day in 1862, Confederate and Union troops in the Civil War clash near Maryland's Antietam Creek in the bloodiest one-day battle in American history. "The Battle of Antietam marked the culmination of Confederate General Robert E. Lee's first invasion of the Northern states. Guiding his Army of Northern Virginia across the Potomac River in early September 1862, the great general daringly divided his men, sending half of them, under the command of General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, to capture the Union garrison at Harper's Ferry."
Also on this date, the space shuttle was unveiled (1997) and the Camp David Accords, a peace agreement between Egypt and Israel, was signed at the White House by Egyptian President Anwar el-Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin (1978).
3. The Baltimore Blast kicks off the new MISL season with a road game in Rochester Nov. 16.
4. The Overlea-Fullerton Rec Council will hold Mother Nature and Me, a nature explorer club for 3- to 5-year-olds, at 11 a.m. at the Holt Center, 34 Elmont Ave.
5. Nature lovers of all ages are invited to learn all about ladybugs today at 3:30 p.m. at the Holt Center, 34 Elmont Ave.