1. The Weather: Nice weather will come in just in time for the weekend, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be partly sunny, with a high of about 83 degrees. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low of about 62.
2. From history.com's This Day in History: "On this day in 1902, pioneering cookbook author Fannie Farmer, who changed the way Americans prepare food by advocating the use of standardized measurements in recipes, opens Miss Farmer's School of Cookery in Boston. In addition to teaching women about cooking, Farmer later educated medical professionals about the importance of proper nutrition for the sick." Also on this day, Lou Reed played his last show with the Velvet Underground (1970) and Pete Rose got thrown out of major League Baseball (1989).
3. An estate sale will be held Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 3686 Double Rock Lane.
4. Mable needs a home. She's available for adoption at the Baltimore County Animal Shelter in Baldwin.
5. The Charles Evering VFW Post 6506, 8777 Philadelphia Road, will hold a band dance tonight at 7 p.m. Admission is $7 and dinner will be available at an additional cost.