So many people tell me that they'd do a better job of watching their weight and controlling their daily caloric intake, if 'Low Calorie - Healthy Eating' wasn't just "for the birds!"
Of course by telling me this, what they've unintentionally really told me is that 'Low Calorie - Healthy Eating' must be pretty darn good because birds get after their fare with a tenacity that makes me wanna eat bowls of bird seed!
This recipe for example, is just one offering that makes you WANT to Run Down a 'Low Calorie - Healthy Meal!"
Give it a try. Just remember to choose very lean pork chops. When you do, pork is quite healthy and low in calories too. Remember the slogan "Pork...The Other White Meat?" Well now you can see that it's true.
Until Next Time,
Be creative and you too can eat "Just Like A Bird!"
Pork Chop with Pomegranate Glaze
- PREP TIME
- TOTAL TIME
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin chop, cut about 1 inch thick (5 oz.)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sliced green onions
- In small bowl stir together salt, cinnamon and pepper. Rub on both sides of pork chop.
- In small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook pork chop over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and nearly done, turning once. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
- In same skillet combine pomegranate juice and sugar. Bring to boiling. Boil, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced to half. Return pork chop to skillet. Cook, uncovered, about 1 minute more or until sauce thickens slightly and pork chop is done. Transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle with onions.
For more articles by Candace go to www.CandaceGrasso.blogspot.com
Visit our website www.FitIsItCardio.com to purchase Candace's Workouts, shop her "Favorite Things Store"or to inquire about booking Candace to speak at your upcoming event!