Get a break on sales tax this weekend on some appliances sold throughout the state.
Saturday through Monday is Maryland's Tax Free Weekend for Energy Star appliances, according to the state comptroller's website.
The following products are eligible for the discount:
- Air conditioners
- Clothes washers
- Heat pumps
- Solar water heaters (tax-exempt at all times now)
- Standard size refrigerators
- Programmable thermostats
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
The offer begins at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, and runs through midnight Monday, the website states.
For more information, call the Taxpayer Service Section at 410-260-7980 in Central Maryland, or toll-free 1-800-638-2937.
Some Parkville-Overlea area stores that sell some Energy Star appliances include:
- Home Depot, 1971 E Joppa Rd, 410-668-9647
- Rudolf's, 8324 Harford Road
- Sears Outlet, 8200 Belair Road, 410-882-1081
For more ways to save energy, including energy-saving programs, visit Baltimore Gas & Electric's website.