Things are heating up in the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association boys and girls basketball playoff tournaments and at least three local teams are still in contention.
Games in the playoff tournament started last Thursday—now that the dust has settled here's a quick run down of which teams remain and what happened to those who have been eliminated:
- In Division 1A ball, 's Lady Falcons fell in a close contest while away at Havre de Grace on Thursday. The final score of that game was 48-36.
- In Division 2A ball 's Lady Raiders ran roughshod over Dundalk High — the final score of the game: 56-13. Loch Raven's girls play at Randallstown (ranked first in the division) tonight (Feb. 27) at 5:30 p.m.
- In Division 3A ball, High's Knights were defeated by Patterson in a game that ended 44-28.
- In Division 1A ball, the fourth-ranked Falcons had a first round bye and will take on fifth-ranked Havre de Grace at home Tuesday night at 7 p.m.
- In Division 2A ball, the Raiders defeated Lansdowne — the final score of the contest was 45-31. The tenth-ranked Raiders play at second-ranked Edmondson/Westside Tuesday at 5 p.m.
- In Division 3A ball, the Knights fell to Digital Harbor in a contest that must have come right down to the wire if the final score is to tell the tale. The Knights lost by 4 point—final score: 62-58.
Good luck to all the teams still left in competition. Check out Parkville-Overlea Patch for updates during the tournament.