Atlas Personal Trainers is conveniently located in a free-standing building a short distance from the intersection with Joppa Road in Parkville. Owner Mike Turkin and his staff work one on one with clients and tailor programs to meet the needs of each individual. The facility is a small but tidy lower level full-service gym with a variety of strength-building and cardio equipment. It offers nutrition counseling to all clients in the hopes of developing an overall fitness lifestyle to maximize the benefits of the exercise regimen. It is also running a successful Boot Camp training program that augments its standard personal workout routines with occasional free classes throughout the year. Mike and staff also offer a sport-specific specialized training program that helps to optimize athletic ability in order to prevent injuries and build key muscle strength. Its services are by appointment only and suggest calling ahead to arrange an initial meeting time.
- Hours: Daily, by appointment only
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 2005
- What makes this community special?: The wide variety of age groups and cultures along with the family-oriented amenities and activities.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Membership info: No memberships available.
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What's the best time of day to visit the gym?: When you have eaten properly and are fully rested to maximize the results of your program.
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (elliptical), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Food/drink, Strength (free weights), Strength (machines)
- Services: Fitness assessment, Personal training
- Classes/programs: Weight loss
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No smoking