Carney Elementary School
The paw prints of the school mascot, the Carney Cougar, lead up to the doors of Carney Elementary School. The school was founded in 1965, and is situated in a closely-knit community with a strong PTA presence. Carney Elementary School also functions as a Baltimore County Parks & Rec site. The school principal is Eileen Roberta.
- Fax: 410-887-5228
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:25 am - 3:10 pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 475
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 21.9-23.9 : 1
- Number of faculty: 75
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is very engaged with the community, boasting a strong PTA and partnerships with local businesses.
- What makes this community special?: Principal Eileen Roberta said "what makes this community great is the closeness and collaboration between the people."
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: PreK-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, Black Saga, Cougar Claws (Vocal Music), Science Classes
- Sports teams: Intramural
- Student clubs: School Store, Science Fair, Student Council, Chess Club