Ed Winkler and Son Jewelers was originally founded in the years after World War II at another location on Harford Road closer to Baltimore. The store moved to its current location in 1970.
A master jeweler and watchmaker, Mr. Winkler is the third generation of his family in the business, and all watch repairs are done in-house. A neighborhood staple, Mr. Winkler gets the majority of his business from referrals and repeat customers. The store does not take pieces on consignment, but it does buy and sell estates as well as individual pieces. Mr. Winkler is an expert appraiser with a focus on diamonds, and a wide variety of new and used jewelry and watches is available for purchase in his shop.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 5pm; Sat, 10am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Building is at street level with no steps.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1946
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Services: Repair
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: No
- Tailoring: No
- Vintage: Yes
- Jewelry & watch services: Appraisal